All of our patients are asked to adhere to the Practice Charter.
- Treat you with respect and understanding
- Enable you to see a doctor on the same day if it is medically urgent
- Treat your problems and medical records with total confidentiality
- Prescribe all appropriate drugs and medicines
- Give you the choice about taking part in the teaching of medical students
- Refer you for a second opinion if you and your doctor agree this is appropriate
- Process your repeat prescription within two working days
- Give you the opportunity to make positive contributions to the practice via suggestions boxes, our practice website and through the Patient Participation Group
In return we expect you to:
- Treat us with courtesy and understanding
- Request home visits only when you are too ill to come to the surgery
- Cancel your appointments if you are unable to keep them
- Understand that even the best planned systems are disrupted occasionally by emergencies
- Attend your health checks when requested by the clinical team
In the event of violent/abusive behavior to a member of the practice team or any other person present on the practice premises or in the place where treatment is provided, a patient is subject to immediate removal from the practice list and will be subject to Health Service action.